Discover the magic of Greenland on an Arctic expedition cruise
Our trips to Greenland
Information about Greenland
Greenland is a destination that offers a unique blend of Arctic wilderness, rich culture, and stunning natural beauty.
Our expedition cruises take you through the fjords and glaciers of the western coast of Greenland. This region is known for its towering icebergs, calving glaciers, and abundant wildlife. Here, you may see humpback whales, minke whales, seals, and a variety of seabirds, including the iconic puffin.
In addition to the natural wonders, you will also have the opportunity to experience the local Greenlandic culture. Greenland is home to the Inuit people, and you will learn about their traditional way of life, as well as their contemporary culture.
Pictures of Greenland
Highlights in Greenland
- Exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ilulissat Icefjord, home to one of the world's most active glaciers.
- Visiting remote Inuit settlements, where you can meet locals and learn about their way of life.
- Kayaking and zodiac cruising through stunning fjords and ice-filled bays, getting up close to the wildlife and scenery.
- Hiking on the tundra, with a chance to spot Arctic foxes, musk oxen, and reindeer.
- Learning about the history of Greenland, from the Viking settlements to the colonial era and modern day.
- Our expeditions are led by experienced guides, who will share their knowledge and expertise about the region. They will take you on daily excursions, both on land and at sea, to ensure you have the best possible experience.
Interesting in Greenland
Greenland is an autonomous territory within the Kingdom of Denmark. It has its own government and parliament, but Denmark is responsible for foreign affairs, defense, and monetary policy. However, Greenland has the right to opt out of certain Danish laws, and it is also not part of the European Union.